Whilst everyone agrees that a glass (or a bottle!) can be enjoyed without anything else we love pairing our wines with snacks particularly if we unexpected guests arrive and a full meal is not on the agenda. Next time you open a bottle why not try pairing your wine with a snack such as:
- Olives (we like the Spanish variety but go with your own preference)
- Chocolate (a good quality dark chocolate is amazing with a strong red)
- Cheese (try a good Manchego with a good Rioja or high quality goats cheese with Tempranillo)
- Bread (bread from the same country as your wine is always a good place to start)
- Nuts (cashews are surprisingly good with most white wines)
- Grapes – it’s always nice to remind a grape what it could have won!
If you have a suggestion don’t forget to comment and let us know your personal favourites.